Surgery Scheduler - Vascular
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgery Scheduler - Vascular for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $18.49 – $32.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
Responsible for assisting physician offices in the scheduling of surgical procedures for patients while providing the Surgical Services division, PFS, Anesthesiology and other required departments with required information.
Details of the Position:
- Completes the scheduling process by coordinating surgery department (hospital or ambulatory surgery center) and physician offices’ needs. This includes: communicating with physician offices to assure scheduling system is accurate: ensuring the schedule is completed in a timely manner ahead of surgery date; documenting block release times for block utilization reports.
- Schedules surgery visits as required.
- Arranges cases to assure maximum effectiveness of schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a healthcare setting or three years progressive secretarial experience in healthcare required.
- Previous experience in a surgical ambulatory care or acute care setting and/or a scheduling position preferred.
- Experience in Care Cast/Flow Cast preferred.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.
Something looks off?