Exercise Specialist - Cardiac Rehab
PeaceHealth SHMC at Riverbend is seeking a Exercise Specialist for their Cardiac Rehab department for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $22.15 – $33.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for providing wellness assessments, individual or group exercise programs, program development, program implementation, instruction and guidance following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients. Ensures quality of service.
- Makes recommendations and assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures in a positive manner.
- Assesses patients and provides ongoing reassessments in regard to exercise physiology and clinical data to develop an interdisciplinary plan of care. Conducts wellness assessments including sub maximal cardiovascular, strength, endurance, flexibility and body composition for patient/clients.
- Participates through a team approach in the development and implementation of a treatment plan.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, and consistently documents participant/program data in the designated areas.
- Makes recommendations relative to acquisition of new equipment and needs for space.
- Coordinates activities with other rehab medicine services and other hospital departments.
- Instructs patients, family members, and caregivers on home exercise programs and self-care. Develops, implements and participates in educational in-services.
- Develops, implements, participates and assists in external wellness and health activities/programs targeting specific populations.
- Designs exercise programs based on wellness assessment data that establishes position on exercise continuum. Assists in writing health promotion articles and program information for various publications as appropriate.
- Counsels patients/clients on testing results, including establishing appropriate fitness & health improvement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year degree program in exercise science, Physical Education, Wellness or other health related field.
- One year of clinical experience in a Health/Wellness/Physical Rehabilitation program preferred.
- Knowledge of exercise testing protocols.
- Knowledge of indications/contra-indications of exercise and health training techniques and administration.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to demonstrate exercises and use of gym equipment, including set up of weights. Able to perform CPR chest compressions. If this job is done in a Rehabilitation setting, there’s a possibility the employee would need to transfer patients from a wheelchair onto exercise equipment.
- Able to demonstrate exercises and use of gym equipment, including set up of weights. Able to perform CPR chest compressions
- Mostly indoor—office and exercise gym settings. May be outdoors if leading walking exercise programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment. Assesses patients and provides ongoing reassessments in regard to exercise physiology and clinical data to develop an interdisciplinary plan of care. Develops, implements, participates and assists in external wellness and health activities/programs targeting specific populations.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.