Nuclear Medicine Technologist
***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be Available***
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $37.85 – $65.35. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy and/or breastfeeding prior to exam as indicated.
- Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Prepares, calibrates, and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
- Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
- NM Certification by NMTCB and/or ARRT (NM) required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated venipucture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
For a detailed description of this position or for questions, please contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.