Care Management Assistant
PeaceHealth is seeking a Care Management Assistant for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $20.14 – $30.21; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Responsible for assistance with discharge arrangements for care facility and home discharge.
Provides support to the Care Management Team to ensure that the day to day operational functions of the department are met in a timely manner. Assists with discharge arrangements for care facility and home discharge in collaboration with the RN Care Manager and/or Social Worker. Responsible for timely and appropriate documentation within the electronic medical records system.
- Assists with arranging home health skilled services and durable medical equipment. Assists with post-discharge follow up appointments and arranging new PCP for un-doctored patients.
- Assists with issuing Medicare Important Message letters, confirming PCP and demographic and faxing hospital clinical updates to PCP and/or payors.
- Confirms outpatient therapy or post-hospital anticoagulation arrangements.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is placed timely within CareConnect. Ensures documentation of discharge planning assistance interventions are placed in CareConnect.
- Greets visitors and health care personnel, screens visitors and telephone calls to determine urgency of contact and facilitates appropriate routing or referral.
- Performs clerical duties which may include front office support, scheduling assistance, management of daily assignments, and time keeping.
- Gathers/enters data, retrieves/creates reports as delegated, which may include Concur expense reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience in a professional office environment required.
- Medical office experience preferred.
- Formal business and/or administrative assistant training or experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment is required.
- Ability to work with office equipment including computers, printers, and phones is required.
- Proficiency in Windows based PC applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.