Home Health Aide
PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Health Aide for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $16.43 - $29.74; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required. Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Brian Hottel; firstname.lastname@example.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.