Obstetrical Surgical Technologist - Labor & Delivery, 0.9 FTE, Nights
Obstetrical Surgical Technologist - Labor & Delivery for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation is $29.48 - $48.30 ; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance May Be Available ***
Come be a part of a phenomenal team! This position assists the Surgical Team during scheduled and unscheduled, routine and emergency operative procedures. You’ll perform a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the OB operative patient and/or her infant. This is a rare opportunity where you’ll utilize your Surgical Tech training, but also be given the opportunity to establish a rapport with patients and their families. No two days are the same in OB!
Details of the Position:
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Maintain unit supplies by requisitioning and receiving supplies then stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. (Inventory control)
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assist with clean-up and room turnover.
What you bring:
- Registered Surgical Technologist required at date of hire.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist with obstetrical and gynecologic surgeries preferred.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Experience small-city flavor and join our dedicated team! Located 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada, this idyllic city has been rated as one of America's most desirable communities by Money, Outside, Kiplinger, Forbes, and National Geographic magazines. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact email@example.com
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits! See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.