Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology
***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $39.24 - $66.00; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Responsible for performing diagnostic and special procedures ultrasonography in accordance with established policies and procedures. Must use independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology, acoustic imaging technology, and problem-solving skills to optimize the echocardiographic evaluation, tailoring and expanding the exam to ensure comprehensiveness and diagnostic accuracy.
Details about the position:
- Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of equipment to get preliminary echocardiographic measurements. Must be competent at the performance of adult echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography and contrast studies.
- Must follow department imaging protocols, appropriately acquire all echocardiographic measurements per protocol, create digital preliminary reports for the interpreting physician, and verbally communicate preliminary findings to the interpreting physician when necessary.
- Prepare, supply, and equip ultrasound rooms to meet specific cardiologist and physician requirements for procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound program required.
- One year experience as cardiac sonographer preferred.
- ARDMS or CCI eligibility, Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is required; ARDMS PE or ADRMS AE may be considered if working with the specified patient care population and as approved by department leadership. New Graduates have one year to obtain registration, must be ARDMS eligible upon date of hire.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.