Cardiovascular Diagnostic Technician - Cardiology
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cardiovascular Diagnostic Technician for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $26.80 - $49.94. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Come join our team in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
Provides professional care for all patients having procedures performed in the Cardiovascular Lab and/or Nuclear medicine department. Assists with patients undergoing procedures with duties to include observation with the patient’s condition, observes patient progress, records pertinent observations of diagnostic testing, and reports reactions to drugs and treatments.
Provides professional care for all patients having Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CIED’s), which includes pacemakers, loop recorders and defibrillators within the Cardiology office. This includes supporting documentation (charting) and preparing results for interpretation by the cardiologist. Work includes direct communication with patients.
Details of the position:
- Performs diagnostic non-invasive cardiovascular studies on patients who have Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CEID’s) using a variety of equipment and techniques, to include in office and remote monitoring devices.
- Assists physician with preliminary analysis and reports
- Completes all required paperwork and log charges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited vascular technology program or equivalent is preferred.
- Whatcom: Cardiac Device Technology Advanced Certificate required within 2 years of hire.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in similar position preferred.
- Successful completion of an advanced EKG interpretation course, Pacemaker and ICD interpretation and reprogramming course.
- RVT or ARDMS required within 2 years of hire (not required for LCR, PHSW or Whatcom)
- BLS (Basic Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Independent and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to patients of all ages
- Basic computer skills to include CVIS and PACS systems
For a full description or questions about the position, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.