RN - ICU Stepdown
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - ICU Stepdown for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $ $37.83 - $73.90 ; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available.
- $4.28/hr Evening Differential (1500-2300)
- $7.39/hr Night Differential (2300-0700)
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of recent (within the last 36 months) Registered nurse in progressive care/step down (intermediate level) experience required or currently oriented and can provide care independently within the department, required.
- 1 year recent ICU stepdown, IMCU or PCU experience preferred (within the last 36 months.)
- Demonstrated competence in area of expertise.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NIHSS Certification required within 120 days of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, email@example.com.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.