Project Manager, OSP Construction & Engineering
This is a remote position.
Position Title: Project Manager, OSP Construction & Engineering
$63,750 to $106,250 annually DOE
Comprehensive health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education reimbursement programs.
Everyone deserves the best internet possible and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products and phone service as well.
The Project Manager, OSP Construction & Engineering is responsible for managing the quality, on-budget and timely completion of all construction projects across residential and commercial segments. The Project Manager, OSP Construction & Engineering will work closely with our vendor partners and will ensure adherence to all company and government guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed:
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of projects using project management tools, processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on budget and with excellent quality. Serve as point of contact for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
· Must have the ability to provide status across all ongoing projects at any given time.
· Create long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines.
· Coordinate and host regular meeting series to ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information sharing and implementation of best practices.
· Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
· Demonstrate consistent ownership and accountability for the delivery of projects.
· Continuously perform risk assessment and resolve issues as they arise or quickly engage others to resolve to reduce adverse timing and quality impacts of the project schedule.
· Coordinate with relevant internal team members to coordinate action items and realistic timelines to meet business goals.
· Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and cycle time.
· Coordinate and facilitate with internal and external resources to affect the timely completion of projects.
· Drive processes and automation to support LEAN process approaches to solve problems.
· Maintain comprehensive project documentation and provide regular streamlined reports to leadership.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Five years of Telecommunication experience or equivalent project management experience, PMP preferred.
· Experience managing large scale projects
· Demonstrated experience meeting project commitment deadlines
· Familiarity with Outside Plant (OSP) architectures consisting of underground, direct buried, aerial and building applications.
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
· Understand LEAN concepts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to influence others to meet project objectives.
· Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations.
· Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to work within critical deadlines.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Effective conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when applicable to meet deadlines.
· Must be organized and accountable.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.