This is a remote position.
Position Title: Software Engineer
Comprehensive health benefits include - medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education reimbursement programs.
We may be building internet, but we are reaching real people. We strive to build relationships and provide customers and communities with refreshingly great experiences.
We emphasize our values in all our interactions:
Genuinely Caring: Our customers and colleagues are people, and quite possibly our neighbors. We put ourselves in their shoes and give them our full attention.
Empowering You: We empower our customers to choose the products that best meet their needs, and we support our employees to implement solutions that elevate the experiences of our customers and coworkers.
Innovation and Improvement: We always look for ways to make the experiences of our customers – and each other – better.
Earning Your Trust: We earn trust by communicating simply and transparently as real people, not as a corporation.
The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and implementing software solutions for Network Tools, Systems and Automation. This position will develop backend applications primarily in Python, contributing to how we can expedite, consistently support, and unify our systems and networks. The Software Engineer will write and optimize provisioning workflows and automate routine tasks, such as service delivery automation and develop applications to facilitate and manage Network Automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed:
- Development of custom code to build APIs, integrate platform components, fill tooling gaps, and solve potentially unique situations.
- Perform development, testing, implementation, and review of complex automation solutions related to provisioning, monitoring, and configuring a network and infrastructure environment.
- Provide peer review and guidance on code and perform quality assurance tasks.
- Responsible for creation of and contribution to; processes, standards, technical documentation, and design diagrams.
- Design and develop microservice solutions using RESTful APIs using FastAPI, Flask, and/or Django.
- Design and develop data models and database schemas in MariaDB, PostgresSQL and MongoDB.
- Employ modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling.
- Write and maintain technical standards and documentation.
- Conduct technical research and maintain viable knowledge of technology trends, new software, and best practices.
· Establishing system/data integrations to enhance existing or establish new processes.
· Must be available to work regular business hours Pacific Standard Time.
· Performs other duties as required to support the business and evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business information systems or relevant degree; or equivalent combination of work and experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in software development.
- Minimum of three years of experience with using Python, REST APIs, SOAP APIs, or similar tools in a Software Development environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Broad knowledge of the concepts, best practices and principles of programming including design, implementation, and testing.
· Understanding of REST-based API design principles and best practices.
· Proven ability to understand and codify a manual process into an automated process using workflow-like concepts.
· Understanding and familiarity with computing technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, containers, virtualization, and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
· UI/Frontend development experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of IP/Ethernet networking fundamentals.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
· Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations, multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
· Ability to translate highly technical information into non-technical terms and user documentation.
· Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail and familiarity with compliance concepts.
· Ability to work within critical deadlines.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Additional Information:
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
At all times, Ziply Fiber must be your primary employer. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, employees may not hold outside employment nor be self-employed without obtaining approval in writing from Ziply Fiber. In holding outside employment or self-employment, employees should ensure that participation does not conflict with responsibilities to Ziply Fiber or its business interests.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.