This is a remote position.
Position Title: ETL Developer
$67,500 to $112,500 annually DOE
Comprehensive health benefits include - medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education reimbursement programs.
At Ziply Fiber, our mission is to elevate the connected lives of our communities everyday. We’re delivering the fastest home internet in the Northwest, with a focus on areas traditionally underserved by mainstream internet companies. And as our state-of-the-art fiber network expands in WA, OR, ID and MT, so does our need for team members who can help us grow and realize our goals.
We may be building internet, but we are reaching real people. We strive to build relationships and provide customers and communities with refreshingly great experiences.
We emphasize our values in all our interactions:
Genuinely Caring: Our customers and colleagues are people, and quite possibly our neighbors. We put ourselves in their shoes and give them our full attention.
Empowering You: We empower our customers to choose the products that best meet their needs, and we support our employees to implement solutions that elevate the experiences of our customers and coworkers.
Innovation and Improvement: We always look for ways to make the experiences of our customers – and each other – better.
Earning Your Trust: We earn trust by communicating simply and transparently as real people, not as a corporation.
The ETL Developer will be responsible for utilizing multiple technologies to create, maintain, and troubleshoot data in database, NoSQL, and various file formats. The ETL Developer position includes working with team members in detailing process requirements, defining and implementing new processes, identifying data sources, verifying data feeds with subject matter experts, and automating reports and data flows. We want someone excited to be part of a diverse team of data professionals, ready to build structure and stability in a highly fluid environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
· Design, implement and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation and loading activities.
· Cleanse, verify and dedupe data, removing inconsistencies and standardizing data into a required format.
· Gather requirements and business process knowledge to transform the data in a way that is geared towards the needs of end users.
· Maintain and improve already existing processes.
· Troubleshooting and root cause analysis, implementing recommendations for resolution.
· Ensure that the data architecture is scalable and maintainable.
· Work with the business in designing and delivering correct, high-quality data.
· Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions.
· Communicate changes and recommendations to improve efficiency.
· Write “how to” documentation for operating and correcting processes.
· Perform other duties as required to support the business and evolving organization
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related field or work-related experience equivalent.
· Minimum of five years of experience in ETL development and reporting automation.
· 2+ years of work experience in a large, geographically distributed server architecture
· 2+ years of experience working for large telecommunications companies
· 2+ years of experience working with business and development teams for functional requirements
· Must be able to work independently in a remote environment.
· Development skills:
o Bash/Shell scripting
· Familiarity sourcing through multiple data sources, combining data sources and creating usable reporting processes.
· Familiarity with data stores, data warehouses and data extraction using various technologies.
· Familiarity with 3rd party solutions such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Linux/Unix, Bash, Python, Alteryx, Spotfire (TIBCO), MongoDB, GoTransverse/Snowflake, Microsoft Dataverse
· Familiarity with hypervisor platforms such as AWS, Jira, Confluence, and Azure are a plus.
· Ability to write operational guides/MOPs/etc. as needed
· Effectively communicate between non-technical people and deeply technical SME’s
· Ability to communicate effectively across multiple large organizational structures
· Driven to identify and provide effective solutions as needed
· Must have the availability to be on call in a 24/7 server environment if required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive team, applying sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations.
· Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
· Ability to work within critical deadlines.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to participate in weekly On Call rotation
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Additional Information:
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
At all times, Ziply Fiber must be your primary employer. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, employees may not hold outside employment nor be self-employed without obtaining approval in writing from Ziply Fiber. In holding outside employment or self-employment, employees should ensure that participation does not conflict with responsibilities to Ziply Fiber or its business interests.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.