Senior Database Administrator
This is a remote position.
Position Title: Senior Database Administrator
Comprehensive health benefits include - medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education reimbursement programs.
At Ziply Fiber, our mission is to elevate the connected lives of our communities every day. We’re delivering the fastest home internet in the Northwest, with a focus on areas traditionally underserved by mainstream internet companies. And as our state-of-the-art fiber network expands in WA, OR, ID and MT, so does our need for team members who can help us grow and realize our goals.
We may be building internet, but we are reaching real people. We strive to build relationships and provide customers and communities with refreshingly great experiences.
We emphasize our values in all our interactions:
Genuinely Caring: Our customers and colleagues are people, and quite possibly our neighbors. We put ourselves in their shoes and give them our full attention.
Empowering You: We empower our customers to choose the products that best meet their needs, and we support our employees to implement solutions that elevate the experiences of our customers and coworkers.
Innovation and Improvement: We always look for ways to make the experiences of our customers – and each other – better.
Earning Your Trust: We earn trust by communicating simply and transparently as real people, not as a corporation.
The Senior Database Administrator will build and maintain the company's database by identifying structural and installation solutions. This position will work with database administrators and analysts to secure easy access to company data and can be performed from any location (100% remote).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
· Maintain and improve existing backup and data recovery environment
· Query and database tuning
· Database resource management and reporting
· Perform Root Cause Analysis on database incidents and provide preventative solutions
· Perform on call rotation
· Provide status reports and submit to management
· Install and Upgrade database environment
· Maintain and develop various database scripts and tools to facilitate automation process
· Define data standards and rules for Governance for the data warehouse
· Evaluate database requests for implementation
· Perform other duties as assigned
· 10+ years of current related database administration experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or SQL Server
· Experience in UNIX, LINUX and Windows OS
· Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
· Scripting experience using command, batch, or like processes
· Knowledge of SQL queries and SQL Serving reporting Services (SSRS)
· Ability to work with large volume databases
· Ability to understand data models
· Knowledge of data visualization and data migration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations
· Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
· Ability to work within critical deadlines.
· Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office setting.
Diverse Workforce I EEO
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.