Project Manager, Commercial Sales
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
This is a remote position.
Position Title: Project Manager, Commercial Sales
$56,250 to $93,750 annually DOE
Comprehensive health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid
sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education
At Ziply Fiber, our mission is to elevate the connected lives of our communities every day. We’re
delivering the fastest home internet in the Northwest, with a focus on areas traditionally underserved by
mainstream internet companies. And as our state-of-the-art fiber network expands in WA, OR, ID and MT,
so does our need for team members who can help us grow and realize our goals.
We may be building internet, but we are reaching real people. We strive to build relationships and provide
customers and communities with refreshingly great experiences.
We emphasize our values in all our interactions:
Genuinely Caring: Our customers and colleagues are people, and quite possibly our neighbors. We put
ourselves in their shoes and give them our full attention.
Empowering You: We empower our customers to choose the products that best meet their needs, and
we support our employees to implement solutions that elevate the experiences of our customers and
Innovation and Improvement: We always look for ways to make the experiences of our customers –
and each other – better.
Earning Your Trust: We earn trust by communicating simply and transparently as real people, not as a
The Project Manager, Commercial Sales is a key contributor to timely delivery of high-end product and
services in the Ziply portfolio. This position involves managing all aspects of a service delivery and is the
customers primary contact from post-sale to installation. The Project Manager is accountable for the
customer experience as they move through the activation of their network service and ensuring timely
communication and coordination with all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee
and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
• Project manage sales orders from start to finish which involves analysis of order requirements
encompassing a range of technologies including Ethernet, SDWAN, SIP and Managed Services.
• Respond to work order requests from customers, sales account team, agents and/or vendors,
including arrangement for installation, moves, disconnection or change of products and services.
• Arrange and manage installation, negotiate due dates, validate provisioning is complete, and set
priorities to meet deadlines.
• Maintain, assess, and manage risk, impacts and potential alternatives and escalate as required to
the appropriate level of management to obtain necessary information or provide updates on
progress to other team members.
• Interface and act as a liaison with multiple parties (customers, vendors, carriers, sales,
provisioning, billing, customer care, or adjoining disciplines) to ensure smooth flow of
communication between all stakeholders in support of project objectives.
• Perform order Root Cause Analysis at both an order and process level.
• Troubleshoot customer problems and help resolve customer concerns.
• Anticipate potential service delivery impediments and proactively escalation to resolution.
• Facilitate internal meetings with key service delivery principals.
• Conduct order overview meetings with executive leadership of Ziply’s largest customers.
Including the creation and presentation of customer requested information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4+ years of customer support experience required.
• 2+ years of project coordination or project management experience.
• Project Management Certification preferred.
• MEF Ethernet Certification preferred.
• Telecommunications (ISP, MSO, Telcos) experience required.
• 2+ year of experience with a CRM tool or Salesforce experience preferred.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work within critical deadlines.
• Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available
for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending,
stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a
computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the
presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may
require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.