Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
This is a remote position.
Position Title: Security Engineer
$90,000 to $150,000 annually
Comprehensive health benefits include- medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid
sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating
at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader
Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and
easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland,
Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet
in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
This is a remote position.
The Security Engineer applies Information Technology (IT) security principles, methods and security
products to protect and maintain the availability, integrity, confidentiality and accountability of Company IT
resources and physical security access of property and personnel. Accountable for executing assigned
tasks to implement the goals of the Company Information Security initiatives, on time and within approved
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee
and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
• Maintains configurations for IT security technologies to optimize protective equipment functions
• Develops, documents and maintains methodology for sensitive and critical application and
general support for IT security systems.
• Researches technical and IT security topics; maintains information on industry trends.
• Collaborates with others in the Company (i.e. Information Technology engineers, Network
Engineers, etc) to perform design review and analysis of network infrastructure modifications.
• Develops policies, procedures and maintains scripts, routines and software for accomplishing
security studies and assessments to provide professional level analysis in recognizing system
threats and vulnerabilities; detects malware or malicious activities.
• Periodically reviews firewall and router rules and access control lists.
• Monitors and reviews intrusion detection systems and firewall logs to identify adverse patterns
and coordinate mitigation responses.
• Performs security assessments, risk identification and mitigation planning and execution.
• Leads vulnerability management efforts and actively participates in patch management and risk
• Participates in emergency operations, including the Computer Security Incident Response Team.
• Responsible for PKI Infrastructure management and support - User and Server Authentication
• Draft policy based on NIST, FISMA, PCI, PII and CJIS compliance.
• Ensures processes and procedures are developed, documented, maintained and adhered to for
incident identification, investigation and response, analysis and recommendations for risk
management, collection of forensic data and regulatory requirements.
• Assists with the development and implementation of the Cyber training and awareness program.
• Performs other duties as required
• BS in Information Technology or equivalent technical discipline.
• Minimum 3-5 years direct Cyber Engineer or information assurance experience
• Strong experience working with market standard Vulnerability Assessment tools
• Must have experience with network monitoring, network security, network equipment
programming, firewall configurations and DLP solutions, log monitoring and event correlation
• Experience with policy and process documentation
• Understanding of DNS, DHCP and LDAP
• System hardening experience utilizing STIGs, CIS or USGCB
• Security Incident Response experience
• Strong oral and written communication abilities with experience writing policies
• Must possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to serve as a technical resource to IT staff
• CISM, CISA, CRIS, CISSP, Security+ or similar certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work within critical deadlines.
• Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available
for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending,
stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a
computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the
presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may
require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.