Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
This is a remote position.
Position Title: Solutions Architect
$82,500 to $137,500 annually DOE
Comprehensive health benefits include - medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid
sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education
At Ziply Fiber, our mission is to elevate the connected lives of our communities every day. We’re
delivering the fastest home internet in the Northwest, with a focus on areas traditionally underserved by
mainstream internet companies. And as our state-of-the-art fiber network expands in WA, OR, ID and MT,
so does our need for team members who can help us grow and realize our goals.
We may be building internet, but we are reaching real people. We strive to build relationships and provide
customers and communities with refreshingly great experiences.
We emphasize our values in all our interactions:
Genuinely Caring: Our customers and colleagues are people, and quite possibly our neighbors. We put
ourselves in their shoes and give them our full attention.
Empowering You: We empower our customers to choose the products that best meet their needs, and
we support our employees to implement solutions that elevate the experiences of our customers and
Innovation and Improvement: We always look for ways to make the experiences of our customers –
and each other – better.
Earning Your Trust: We earn trust by communicating simply and transparently as real people, not as a
Ziply Fiber is hiring a Solutions Architect to design solutions while leading the solution delivery process.
In this role, you will work with the IT Manager to integrate software designs and components into different
hardware components within our infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below are a range of duties performed by the employee
and not intended to reflect all duties performed.
• Create Visio / Omnigraffle / Atlasian Gliffy diagrams of complex system requirements to be
handed off to developers to create user stories.
• Communicate with multiple other internal business organizations to gather requirements that will
translate into documentation and diagrams for developers.
• Sort through and draw up complex data structures and business processes to identify potential
automation solutions for simplification.
• Create and design application solutions based on legacy applications as well as evaluating new
vendor supported applications to fit business requirements.
• Designing ISP NOC alarming and monitoring tools that fit NOC requirements for matching events
with actionable fixes.
• Planning and monitoring VOIP provisioning applications and migrations.
• Designing ISP network provisioning applications for residential and small business customers.
• Actively participate in a complete development cycle from developing to testing to production roll
• Actively track bugs in existing production applications.
• Assist with planning production application roll outs with subject matter experts from the
• Must be available to work regular business hours Pacific Standard Time.
• Must also be available to work on-call, evenings and weekends as needed.
• Perform other duties as required to support the business and evolving organization
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years’ engineering experience working in and with cross functional teams
• Minimum 3 years’ working with development teams to create documentation, jira stories, and
participate in sprint prioritization
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working for large telecommunications company and interfacing with
billing, provisioning, field, and networking teams
• Experience with maintaining and designing tools for NOC organizations including backbone and
edge routers (Juniper BNGs specifically) and IP monitoring
• Experience planning and organizing groups to facilitate network device migrations such as OLTs,
customer migrations, and customer provisioning system changes
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working inside of a development life cycle including writing
requirement documents, monitoring production pushes, writing code documentation, and tracking
• Expert level in Visio / Omnigraffle / Atlasian Gliffy to create visual diagrams and mockups
visualizing functional requirements, business organizational needs, and process flows
• Expert level in navigating Atlasian tool suite including Confluence and Jira
• Extensive experience pushing production sprint roll outs and testing to make sure that the
functional changes are solutions to real business needs
• Extensive experience working with Jira to track project progress and assign prioritization to
external business organization’s needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work within critical deadlines.
• Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and schedules.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US for any employer. Sponsorship is not available
for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending,
stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a
computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line telephone system. The work is primarily a modern office
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the
presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber may
require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.