Senior Tax Accountant - International Tax & Consulting
Are you prepared for an exciting role that brings challenging opportunities, career advancement, and the chance to start building more direct client service skills?
Be part of our exceptional team at VSH as a Senior Tax Accountant in our International Tax & Consulting department. Embark on a thrilling journey working on a diverse range of consulting, and tax engagements across various industries. Our focus is on multi-national businesses and international families. Through our advisory work, we empower clients, families, employees, and our community to thrive and flourish.
If you’re searching for an opportunity to make a direct impact on businesses and drive their growth, continue reading to discover more about this opportunity within a highly supportive workplace.
- Demonstrate a strong general knowledge of accounting, tax theory and accurate tax preparation
- Excellent client service skills – responsive and accessible to clients
- Organize and plan projects
- Work closely with superiors on issues related to compliance
- Recognize and propose alternate solutions in response to potential risks
- Assist others in resolving problems related to systems, software and client projects
- Proficient in industry-specific software such as ProSystem Tax and CCH Engagement
- Ensures that self and client service teams comply with all firm policies and standards
- Ability to bring jobs to conclusion effectively and in a timely manner
- Regulatory research: clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched and report the analysis
- Provide quality tax planning to clients that encompasses the clients’ full objectives
- Organizes engagements from onset by communicating expectations and procedures with tax preparers
- Conducts detailed reviews on returns and provides appropriate review notes and training for preparers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another relevant field.
- CPA designation or in process of obtaining
- International tax experience.
- 2+ years of recent experience working in public accounting.
- U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or authorized to work in the U.S.
VSH is a growing full-service accounting and advisory firm with locations in Bellingham and Burlington. We offer a suite of services beyond traditional tax compliance and planning. Our team of professionals specializes in providing strategic advisory support, international and cross-border services, transition planning, outsourced accounting, and more, to local, regional, and international clients.
We put our people first. At VSH, our firm IS our team! Rich, specialized, and fulfilling careers begin with and are continuously fueled by a strong staff development program. We support skill building and career advancement every day through personal mentor relationships, career coaching, and forward-focused, personalized development plans for all.
Our core values prioritize the well-being of our employees, adaptability to change, pursuit of excellence, putting people first, and fostering collaboration with team members. At VSH, we take immense pride in providing unwavering support for our team’s personal and professional growth. Join us to experience a career of empowerment and success!
Location: Whatcom office (Hybrid Work Arrangement)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $82,500 – $100,000 DOE
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Retirement, PTO, Holiday Pay, Flexible Work Schedule, Paid Continuing Education
More info on becoming a part of the VSH team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VSH is an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. VSH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.