CNC Machine Operator
Smiley's Pro Services
Do you enjoy turning digital drawings into a functioning, usable parts? Smiley’s Pro Services / Maritime Fabrications is looking for a technology savvy individual to operate our CNC router table and CNC milling machines. Experience with G-code and/or manual machining is a significant advantage as we continue to grow and add more capabilities to our machine shop. The work is primarily performed in the shop and will include running a forklift. Candidates who are mechanically inclined and interested in cross training would be a great fit for this business and organization.
Work will include:
- Simple programming part files using Draftsite
- Manage the operation of the CNC router table including:
o Interfacing with the designer and learning the parts file
o Load files into router table computer
o Load router table with proper material
o Supervise table operation and part quality
o Deburr parts
o Palatizing and preparing items for shipping
- Operate other 3-axis CNC machines
- Occasionally operate manual machines like a Bridgeport style mill and lathes
- Working in a positive and fast-paced environment
Shop capabilities include:
- 2021 Apex CNC router
- 2015 Fadal 4020 3-axis CNC
- 2012 Tormach PNCN100 3-axis CNC
- 2005 Fadal TRM 3-axis CNC
- 200 and 400 ton press brakes
- 12’ shear
- Newer model Lincoln and Miller pulse weld machines
- In-house drafter utilizing Solidworks CAD software
Smiley’s Pro Services is a subsidiary of Maritime Fabrications, Inc., a La Conner based marine service and manufacturing business, in operation since 1978. Maritime Fab recently acquired the assets of Smiley’s, Inc. as part of the owner’s retirement, and will continue providing the same high-quality service the Smiley’s name has been known for in Skagit valley since 1955.
Smiley’s Pro Services provides custom fabrication solutions for a variety of needs and applications, and produces the commercial fishing deck equipment sold under the Maritime Fabrications brand. They also provide trailer service and repair, and hitch installation.
Maritime Fabrications hires the best people; we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health insurance coverage options for you and your family, including medical, dental and vision plans, with options for HSA and flex spending accounts.
- A 401K plan with company matching up to 3% on your contribution
- Paid vacation time
- Annual BBQ’s and family holiday parties
Successful applicants must have the ability to work effectively with other team players, be self-motivated and follow directions.