SMI Trailer Mechanic
Smiley's Pro Services
Are you a skilled mechanic looking for a fun place to work? Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects? Smileys Pro Services / Maritime Fabrications is looking for a skilled mechanic to join our team of skilled craftsman. Smileys shop also does steel, stainless, and aluminum fabrication work on new projects as well as repairs. Candidates who are interested in cross training with both aluminum and steel fabricators would be a great fit for this business and organization.
Work will include:
- Diagnosing and repairing faulty trailer wiring
- Installing gooseneck, 5th wheel, and bumper-pull hitches on a variety of vehicles
- installing vehicle accessories such as aftermarket fuel systems, liftgates, and plows
- Minor welding
- Rebuilding & repairing equipment, to include vehicles and trailers
- Working in a positive and fast-paced environment
Shop capabilities include:
- 2021 Apex CNC router
- 2015 Fadal 4020 3-axis CNC
- 2012 Tormach PNCN100 3-axis CNC
- 2005 Fadal TRM 3-axis CNC
- 200 and 400 ton press brakes
- 12’ shear
- 50T iron worker
- Outfitted Machine shop
- Newer model Lincoln and Miller pulse weld machines
- In-house drafter utilizing Solidworks CAD software
Smiley’s Pro Services is a subsidiary of Maritime Fabrications, Inc., a La Conner based marine service and manufacturing business, in operation since 1978. Maritime Fab recently acquired the assets of Smiley’s, Inc. as part of the owner’s retirement, and will continue providing the same high-quality service the Smiley’s name has been known for in Skagit valley since 1955.
Smiley’s Pro Services provides custom fabrication solutions for a variety of needs and applications, and produces the commercial fishing deck equipment sold under the Maritime Fabrications brand. They also provide trailer service and repair, and hitch installation.
Maritime Fabrications hires the best people; we work hard to provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health insurance coverage options for you and your family, including medical, dental and vision plans, with options for HSA and flex spending accounts.
- A 401K plan with company matching up to 3% on your contribution
- Paid vacation time
- Annual BBQ’s and family holiday parties
Successful applicants must have the ability to work effectively with other team players, be self-motivated and follow directions.