Director of Marketing
Skagit Farmers Supply
Job Location: Burlington, WA
Job Category: Corporate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Skagit Farmers Supply, a local cooperative since 1934 based in Burlington, WA, serves farmers, homeowners, businesses, families and communities in the Pacific Northwest. The company offers goods and services through its various divisions and brands. The company’s brands focus on commitment to provide quality products and services to our customers and community partners.
Under our primary business name, Skagit Farmers Supply, resides our Energy and Agronomy divisions. Our Energy division serves our customers with delivery of propane and refined fuels and includes three fuel stations. Our Agronomy division includes three full-service agronomy centers and manufacturing of fertilizer product, including our Skagit Farmers Organic line.
AFCO Distribution & Milling includes wholesale distribution of pet & farm products to hundreds of retailers around the Pacific Northwest and other nearby states. This division also includes a feed mill that produces proprietary brands such as LMF horse feed and Earth First layer feeds.
Our retail division, the Country Store, encompasses 11 retail locations, mainly in Washington state. The focus of the retail division in on farm and pet supplies. We also co-brand with Ace and True Value hardware. Aslin-Finch is a proprietary feed sold exclusively at the Country Store and manufactured by AFCO Distribution & Milling.
- Serve as creative leader alongside the leadership team.
- Plan and coordinate marketing events, public relations and other media events.
- Develop and present unique and innovative strategic concepts and solutions for multiple projects across all divisions.
- Lead the development and execution of integrated brand programs rooted in knowledge of the target audience, consumer insights and category research.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing plans to create awareness of each division’s business activities.
- Coordinate the production and proofing of image, marketing and promotional materials & programs including but not limited to print, electronic media, trade shows, direct mail and signage.
- Create exciting and compelling stories and tools to attract internal and external buy-in.
- Establish and control budgets and allocate resources amongst projects.
- Conduct market research to keep current with trends and competitors’ marketing movements.
- Maintain and update information on customer databases.
- Manage and cultivate the career development of marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities and growth opportunities.
- Maintain and monitor social media platforms. Produce content for the company’s online presence.
- Attend fairs, conventions, conferences and trade shows as needed; prepare post-event reports and analysis; be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Maintain vendor billing and reimbursements.
- Review donations and sponsorship requests.
- Exhibit an ability to get along with others.
- Practice punctual and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience managing or consulting consumer experience programs or managing a customarily recognized marketing division or department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Display proficiency with Windows-based computer software, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Have a proven history of dependable and reliable employment.
- Lift, carry and load 30-pound weight requirements.
- Possess a valid driver license and safe driving record.
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment.
This is a full-time position, 45+ hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Annual base salary: $80k – $115k. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation*
• Sick Pay
• 9 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Match
• Employee Discounts
• Dependent Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Profit Sharing
*Two to six weeks depending on length of full-time service.