On-call Elections Technician
- On an as needed basis, assist with election processes under the direction of the Skagit County Auditor's Elections Manager. Duties include organization and oversight of board work and workers including ballot assembly, return ballot sorting, envelope opening, and various other duties associated with the election process.
The on-call timeframe runs approximately 30 days prior and 20 days after any given election date.
- Salary upon hire is $16.28/hr. (2024)
- The On-call Elections Technician is Range A (minimum wage) of the Non-rep salary schedule.
- Assemble ballot packets for mailing.
- Sort and open returned ballots.
- Election night drop box pick-up.
none.Other Job Functions:
- May be tasked with performing related duties that may not be specifically listed in the position description but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's classification of work.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical path to obtain the required qualifications would be:Education and Experience:
- General knowledge of office procedures.
Requires the knowledge of:
- Must be a registered voter in Skagit County.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
Requires the ability to:
- Work well with the public and fellow employees.
- Understand written and oral instructions.
- Use office machines and equipment such as copy machine, staplers, paper cutter, envelope slitter.
- Lift 40 pound boxes.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Work in a confined area.
- Drive at night.
- Working Conditions:Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:Skagit County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
It is the policy of Skagit County to follow all federal and state laws to ensure non-discrimination in its employment practices.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Changes to the position description may be made at the discretion of the employer.