Seasonal Maintenance Technicians
Are you looking for a great seasonal employment opportunity? The Port is looking for a self-motivated, reliable individual who takes pride in their work and appreciates the accomplishments of a job well done.
Job Functions: Join an enthusiastic team of professionals working to maintain and improve the publicly owned assets or our Airport and Business Park. Our Seasonal Maintenance Tech's will perform a wide variety of maintenance tasks, including but not limited to: providing general maintenance support to our Maintenance Team, port buildings and grounds work. Ability to work with small power tools, small motorized equipment and vehicles. Demonstrate workplace safety: follow all safety rules and guidelines. Build good working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers, and the public; exercise good communication skills and create an environment of trust and mutual respect. As assigned respond to customer maintenance requests with a high level of professionalism and excellent customer service. Promote the Port's Promise, Mission, Vision and exhibit the Port’s Values. Perform other special duties,responsibilities, and special projects, as assigned. See job description for other duties.
Must be self-motivating and a team player. Good attitude and safe working practices are a
must. Must be 18 years of age and hold a Washington State Driver's License (must be insurable).
NOTE: This position is identified as essential roles under COVID-19 state guidelines and within the Port of Skagit’s protocols. The Port takes our COVID-19 safety seriously and has protocols in place to help protect and provide for a safe environment.
Minimum Starting Wage is $15.00 an hour actual starting wage depending on experience.
TO APPLY: Complete the Port of Skagit job application found HERE, SAVE as a new document, and submit with via email to email@example.com
First review of applications will be completed as received. Positions open until filled.
Position Title: Maintenance Technician 1 - Seasonal
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Facilities Supervisor.
Title of Positions Directly Supervised: None
BASIC JOB PURPOSE: Perform work under direct and general supervision to provide general maintenance support to marina, airport and facilities operations, Port buildings and grounds. Promote the Port’s Promise, Mission, Vision and Values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Implement the Port’s Promise, Mission and Vision. Exhibit the Port’s values, behavioral and leadership expectations including truthfulness, integrity and teamwork.
- Demonstrate workplace safety: follow all safety rules and guidelines, lead by example, and encourage safety practices in colleagues.
- Ability to build good working relationships with coworkers, Supervisors, Managers, Executive Director and the public; exercise good communication skills and create an environment of trust and mutual respect.
- Provide basic grounds work including mowing, clipping and weeding, brush and leaf removal.
- Support Maintenance Tech 1, 2 & 3 staff as assigned on more complex building and grounds work including repairing general plumbing, carpentry, and electrical, cutting trees, and or work requiring operation of heavy equipment, and response to tenant calls and concerns or other work as needed.
- Performs custodial work as assigned, which may include pressure washing
- Properly operates basic shop tools and equipment.
- Cleans docks and other marina structures.
- Respond to customer maintenance requests with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be required.
*Listed in order of most time-consuming to least time-consuming.
Assists with Airport, Business Park and Marina Facilities, equipment, and operation, administrative tasks.
Type of Equipment: Motor vehicles, golf carts, mowers, sprayers, power and hand tools, lifters, telephone and cell phones, specialty equipment for construction and carpentry, plus other basic shop tools and equipment including pressure washers.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Some work will be performed sitting at a desk operating a computer, phone and other related office equipment. Work performed outdoors may require walking and or standing for long periods of time on hard uneven surfaces and/or in grassy wetland environment. While working indoors, typically the noise level in the work environment is moderate. While working outdoors, the noise level may increase from moderate to high. Exposure to loud noises, both indoors and outdoors, on a daily basis is due to industrial, aviation, marine, maintenance and repair activities. The work environment could include the use and handling of chemical substances and solutions; which could be potentially hazardous if label instructions are not adhered to, mixed or combined properly.
This position requires the ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to calls for assistance and to be able to communicate clearly. Must have the dexterity and manual skill required to operate the keyboard of a computer terminal, a radio communications device, and the ability to read maps, drawings and other related project materials. This position also requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle and to maneuver through various types of terrain (asphalt, gravel, treed, wetland and uneven surfaces) in the environment.
TRAINING, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Formal Education: High school graduate or equivalent, must be at least 18 years of age. Additional training and/or education in maintenance technical courses is desirable.
Work Experience: Maintenance/equipment experience desirable.
Training/Certification: Maintain Washington State Driver's License and good record (must beinsurable).