Patient Team Support - Labor & Delivery
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Team Support - Labor & Delivery for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $21.26 – $32.87. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and the vibrant Bellingham community in this video! https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5596
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Details of the position
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to: Accurate transcription of orders; Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit; Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit; Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members.
- Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
- Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
What you bring
- Required : Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington (Washington Requirement: Employees hired prior to October 1, 1997 may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the State of Washington)
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 45 lbs. force (i.e., WOW, medical carts).
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching/ kneeling frequently.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.