Administrative Assistant - Administration
PeaceHealth is seeking an Administrative Assistant - Administration for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $22.15 – $33.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This clinic is nearby one of Bellingham's newest parks. Caregivers can enjoy a nice lunchtime walk along the beautiful trails. There's a café in the building!
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
Responsible for providing administrative support for one or more manager/director. Responsible for facilitating the efficient and smooth operation of the department in accordance with approved regulatory, quality and department standards. Utilizes communication, software and research skills to support the organization and leaders.
Details of the position:
- Provides daily administrative support to the leaders of the department. Duties may include fielding telephone calls; calendaring; receiving and directing visitors; word processing; filing; faxing; program and project support.
- Facilitates workflow for accurate and successful completion of assignments/projects by using Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams).
- Reviews and replies to all communications to ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism, as guided by the leaders.
- Coordinates appointment calendars, coordinates meetings, reviews mail and responds as appropriate.
- Coordinates various departmental events/activities, which may include dinners, retreats and meetings, purchasing and requisitioning.
- As a member of the department support team, participates in team meetings, takes minutes and shares responsibilities as appropriate.
- May be required to perform front desk duties, as assigned by leader.
- May be required to support VP of Operations and PHMG Directors with managerial based reporting, review scheduling templates, support patient termination process, and other patient- based issues as directed by VP of Operations and PHMG Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent and formal business, secretarial or office administrative training.
- Minimum of 2 years required of progressively responsible secretarial experience in a professional office and
- Required: Extensive software skills
- Preferred: Notary Public License.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Teams) (Required)
- Visio (Preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills (Required)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment (Required)
- Ability to work with basic office equipment (Required)
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description or questions, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.