hero

Skagit Job Board

Local businesses are hiring and ready to help you make a career move

Gastroenterologist

PeaceHealth

PeaceHealth

Operations
Bellingham, WA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023

Job Description

Description

PeaceHealth is seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist to join our team covering PeaceHealth's Northwest Network: Bellingham, Sedro-Woolley, and Friday Harbor, Washington and Ketchikan, Alaska.  Advanced Fellowship training would be advantageous.  Position is open to new and experienced physicians.

Why you'll love the practice: 

  • 5 Gastroenterologists plus a per diem Gastroenterologist; and a skilled, GI-trained Physician Assistant and a Nurse Practitioner
  • 100% consultative service and shared community call with another local practice 
  • 40% of the position will be for inpatient GI Hospitalist coverage and the other 60% is traditional tract (ASC, clinic, outpatient) 
  • A dedicated GI Hospitalist to lessen the call burden of the traditional practice GI physicians 
  • Be part of a large medical center, benefit from established infrastructure 
  • Regional referral center for complicated biliary case
  • Become part of our physician-driven GI collaborative to standardize clinical guidelines and practices 
  • General GI call shared with the Gastroenterologists. 

Robust support: 

  • Experienced support staff 
  • Variety of GI Specialists from new to experienced, collegial and fun 
  • PeaceHealth has a large network of specialists.
  • Robust primary care team and 24/7 hospitalist service 
  • Emphasis on excellent medicine with continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient 
  • EPIC EMR with Provation for endoscopy procedure report. 

PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed Level II Trauma Center in Bellingham as well as Whatcom County's only hospital. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) and PeaceHealth Medical Group (PHMG) in Bellingham provide comprehensive and specialty care to the communities of Northwest Washington. Tertiary referrals come from a one hundred mile radius. Our dedicated physicians and staff have earned recognition as a top-ranking facility for patient quality initiatives in Washington State. Competitive hourly/shift compensation and paid malpractice insurance. 

Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, and two community colleges. Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives! 

Located 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada, this idyllic city has been rated as one of America's most desirable communities by Money, Outside, Kiplinger, Forbes, and National Geographic magazines. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!

PeaceHealth offers outstanding benefits

  • First year salary amount: $528,000
  • Employment bonus
  • Relocation Assistance
  • Education Loan Reimbursement (if applicable)
  • CME Allowance
  • Medical/dental/vision/disability/life/wellness
  • Retirement

See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.

EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.