Mental Health Associate - Psychiatric Unit
PeaceHealth is seeking a Mental Health Associate - Psychiatric Unit for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $22.15 – $34.99. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Delivers services under the direct supervision of a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
Details of the position
- Maintains familiarity with each client’s assessment, behavior/care plan, and treatment plan to ensure 1:1 and group activities continue to serve therapeutic function.
- Helps with ongoing behavioral intervention/management on the unit including assisting care staff with difficult situations, preventative measures, and environmental issues.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and scheduled in-service trainings.
- Provides skills training to clients, assist them in gaining aid and entitlements, and provides medication monitoring (not applicable in all communities).Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Human Services. or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the caregiver the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
- Minimum of 1 year Required: Experience working in the Human Services or related field
- Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor license required. Candidate must apply for license within 7 days of hire and attain the license within 60 days.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Ability to assist clients in picking up their medications (Required)
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.