Speech Pathologist - Home Health
PeaceHealth Home Health in Bellingham, WA is seeking a Speech Pathologist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $41.20 – $61.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Speech and Language Pathology. Provides oversight to conditional licensees in the clinical fellowship year and students, in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, conditional licensees in the clinical fellowship year, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
What you bring:
- Master's or Doctorate Degree Required: Speech and Language Pathology. accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association
- Required: Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Required: Licensed Speech Pathologist State of Washington
- Required: Certificate of Clinical Competence through American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support through American Heart Association
- Required: Drivers license and proof of insurance
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.