Senior Director Marketing and Communications
PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Director Marketing and Communications in Bellingham, WA…
The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications serves as primary communications and marketing adviser to PeaceHealth network leadership. Develops and implements integrated, comprehensive internal and external communications strategies designed to support PeaceHealth's mission and business strategies. Directs network media relations, internal communications, issues management, social media, community engagement, marketing, etc., working collaboratively with other system directors and caregivers. Serves as brand steward, ensuring communications align with messaging and adhere to established standards. Allocates resources and manages caregivers to successfully achieve communications and marketing objectives. Responsible for managing and enhancing PeaceHealth's reputation with communities and audiences, including caregivers, providers, board members and community partners. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Collaborates with system Marketing and Communications leadership and teams to ensure streamlining, quality and efficacy of departmental activities and deliverables.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. The Bellingham medical center is the area’s sole community hospital providing comprehensive specialty care and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, cancer, spine and joint replacements. Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
- Provides communications and marketing leadership counsel to network and entity leadership, ensuring support of and alignment with the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values and strategic objectives.
- Develops targeted strategies and acts upon opportunities designed to foster engagement and positive relations with PeaceHealth’s key stakeholders, including caregivers, patients, physicians, board members, donors, businesses, payers and the general public. Identifies emerging issues, anticipates communications needs and prepares comprehensive responses.
- Works collaboratively with community partners and board members to promote the organization's image in a positive and community-oriented way. Assists with ongoing assessment of the region’s health needs and resources, with particular emphasis on disproportionate unmet health-related needs of lower income people and other vulnerable populations.
- Works with leadership to develop and continually refine a caregiver engagement strategy, including identifying key issues, developing messages, creating appropriate communications channels and ensuring and assisting in two-way communications with leadership.
- Uses media relations and social media to enhance the reputation of the organization and advance the strategic aims of PeaceHealth. Ensures relevancy and timeliness for each audience and integration of messages throughout all communications. Ensures alignment with system communications and marketing, processes and messaging in order to advance the PeaceHealth brand.
- Develops and implements a community relations program, including involvement with local key business groups, events along with community collaboration, representation and involvement. Serves as liaison to key community organizations.
- Manages caregivers and budget to ensure the department is achieving its objectives, living PeaceHealth’s values, and contributing to the organization’s financial health and business success. Fosters collaborative team relationships among community, network and system communications colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 7 years progressively responsible experience in communications or marketing management.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience interfacing persuasively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foster relationships with providers, business and public service organizations in the community.
- Ability to foster strong internal relationships, serving as representative of the leadership team.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Direct experience with traditional and social media, and other digital mediums.
- Proactive ability to foster a collaborative, creative work environment.
- Ability to foster strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage and lead in a matrix environment and in accordance with PeaceHealth’s leadership model.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $142,450 – $203,280. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer a strong total rewards package. Benefits include 403b retirement plans with employer base and matching contributions, 457 plans, medical/dental/vision coverage, unlimited time off, employer-paid life and disability with buy-up options, wellness benefits and expanded EAP and mental health programs.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Sedentary work.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.