Referral Coordinator - OB GYN
PeaceHealth is seeking a Referral Coordinator - OB GYN for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.45 – $33.13. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This clinic is located across one of Bellingham's newest parks! Caregivers can enjoy a nice lunchtime walk along the beautiful trails. Cordata Café is just a quick walk over in the Cordata Main building!
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: Peacehealth - Culture Page (culturehq.com)
Assure that the services that are approved by private payors have been done and that we request more visits for patients as we continue through the episode of care. May also be responsible for management of referrals; working closely with team members to ensure optimum utilization and cost containment. Provides clerical support and assistance to staff.
Details of the position:
- Oversees the data entry and completion of referral forms/notifications. Obtains insurance pre-authorization for patients and reauthorization of additional treatment. Ensures insurance carrier (including Medicare) documentation requirements are me and referral support documentation is filed in patient’s medical record.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with patients, physicians, specialists, insurance companies. Documents pertinent information on referral form and/or in medical record. Ensures practitioners are following standardized guidelines as recommended by evidenced based medicine.
- Communicates with billing staff and third-party payors to assure coverage of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited School Preferred: Business or two years college.
- Preferred: Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical nurse, or Registered Nurse.
- Experience/Training: Minimum of two years’ experience working in insurance in a medical related field required.
- Preferred: National Certified Medical Assistant or
- Preferred: Licensed Practical Nurse - Washington or
- Preferred: Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated experience in insurance requirements for referrals and /or prior authorizations to various therapies (PT, RT, OT, ST), surgeries, procedures, diagnostic testing, and infusions. GYN procedures, testing, etc. (Required)
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Required)
- Proficient with Horizon Home Care (Required)
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.