Remote Inbox Clinician - NP or PA
FULLY REMOTE - PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to provide 100% remote support to our sites/providers. Please note: Clinician must reside in one of the states in which PeaceHealth operates: Alaska, Washington, or Oregon.
- Certified NP or PA
- Must reside in AK/WA/OR and be professionally licensed in Washington State and the state in which you reside if it is outside of WA
- Minimum of five years of post-training experience in a primary care setting required
- Comfortable taking care of both children and adults
- Comfortable working independently
- Proficient working in Epic EHR
- 100% remote position supporting PeaceHealth’s Center for Senior Health clinic in Bellingham and Family Medicine Clinics in Sedro-Woolley & Burlington. 50%/25%/25% split
- The Remote Inbox Clinician is a fully integrated member of the clinic team while working remotely
- The Remote Inbox Clinician covers Inbox for providers who are not in the office, prioritizing issues, working effectively and directly through patient portal within EPIC to answer patient questions, order lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interpret test results and facilitate STAT referrals
- Interacts closely with Triage RNs and MA team
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
Guaranteed first-year income, based on years of direct experience (0-3, 3-5, 5-9, 10+): $121,804.00-$144,913.00
- Employment Bonus
- Relocation stipend based on miles between locations
- Education Loan Reimbursement program (if applicable and eligible)
- CME: up to $3,300 per calendar year for CME and/or professional dues/fees (based on 1.0 FTE; prorated for lower FTE)
- Comprehensive Benefit package including Medical /Dental / Vision / Disability / Life / Wellness
- Within scope of practice, perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams and interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures to assist in formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies.
- Provide needed procedures, including assisting in surgery and continually assess patient’s needs and conduct appropriate follow up.
- Performing procedures, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures within scope of practice.
- Order, prescribe and dispense medication and durable goods as allowed by state and within scope of practice.
- Maintain required records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures.
- Counsel the patient as to preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accredited Program Required: Physician Assistant. And
- Required: . Must be Board certified by the AAPA
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Physician Assistant experience
- Required : Physician Assistant and
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs. (Required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, other healthcare staff, and other departments (Required)
- Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality (Required)
- Basic computer skills (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
PHMG Physician Assistant Specialty:
*At the request of either the PH Senior Director for Medical Informatics and/or the PHMG System Medical Director for Informatics, a provider might be asked to obtain Epic Certification in order to support the CareConnect project as a Provider Builder. Ortho PA
*Assist in Surgery, conducts hospital rounds and takes call with the Orthopedic Surgeons. General Surgery PA
*Assist in Surgery, conducts hospital rounds, write orders and takes call with the General Surgeon. Bariatric PA
*Assist in Surgery, conducts hospital rounds, write orders and takes call with the Bariatric Surgeon.
*Provides pre and post-operative care for bariatric patients including adjustments for gastric banding patients.
- Audiologist/Psychologist: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Consistently operates computer and other medical equipment. Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment.
- Midwife: Ability to move around area with occasional sitting. Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices. Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching kneeling frequently. Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Midwife: Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.