Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant interested in assisting with per diem coverage.
The team includes 3 Cardiothoracic Surgeons, 3 Vascular Surgeons, 15 cardiologists (9 General, 4 Interventionalists, 1 Advanced Heart Failure Specialist, and 2 EPs) plus 10 advanced practice clinicians across Cardiovascular Services.
Join a collegial cardiovascular service in a clinic/hospital-based practice with 2 fully equipped operating rooms and a hybrid OR, 3 recently upgraded Catheterization Labs and EP suite, ICAVL/ACAEL certified outpatient and in-patient Vascular and Echo labs. Coverage includes in-house hospitalist and ICU/Intensivist teams.
- Cardiac MR, 3-D TEE, and dual source Cardiac CTA on site
- Structural heart program including TAVR and Watchman
- Mechanical circulatory support program including LVADs and ECMO
- 3 Physician Assistants dedicated to CVT Surgery; they participate in vein harvesting and see patients in follow-up in the clinic as well as supporting inpatient care in the ICU and procedural care unit
- Tertiary community hospital
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, a253-bed hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
Bellingham, Washington is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live.
Located 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada, this idyllic city has been rated as one of America's most desirable communities by Money, Outside, Kiplinger, Forbes, and National Geographic magazines. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
- Position is paid at an hourly rate: $68.23-$82.80 depending on years of experience after NCCPA certification and licensure
- Reimbursement for Washington State Physician Assistant License
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Washington State has no state income tax.
If you want to learn more, please reach out to:
Kim Dianich, CMSR PHR - firstname.lastname@example.org / 360-729-1409
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.