Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain
PeaceHealth is seeking a Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.00 – $27.18. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for cleaning equipment as well as distribution of equipment and supplies using clean technique standards according to AAMI. Monitors and orders non-stock and special orders supplies. Will perform receiving responsibilities as necessary.
- Responsible for the collection of contaminated equipment and instruments from floors.
- Re-stocking inventory and non-stock supplies, performs monthly outdate process and documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and stores in a clean environment on floors.
- Clean and maintain department equipment, such as pumps, etc.
- Assembles some specialized trays for procedures and distributes them as appropriate.
- Ensures proper shelving labels are in place. Responsible for Par Management on assigned units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Central Service Technician is preferred.
- National Central Service Technician certification preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to maintain numerical order of supplies is required.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.