Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.40 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $39.24 – $66.00. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for performing diagnostic and special procedures ultrasonography in accordance with established policies and procedures. Must use independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology, acoustic imaging technology, and problem-solving skills to optimize the echocardiographic evaluation, tailoring and expanding the exam to ensure comprehensiveness and diagnostic accuracy.
Details about the position:
- Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of equipment to get preliminary echocardiographic measurements. Must be competent at the performance of adult echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography and contrast studies.
- Must follow department imaging protocols, appropriately acquire all echocardiographic measurements per protocol, create digital preliminary reports for the interpreting physician, and verbally communicate preliminary findings to the interpreting physician when necessary.
- Prepare, supply, and equip ultrasound rooms to meet specific cardiologist and physician requirements for procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound program required.
- One year experience as cardiac sonographer preferred.
- ARDMS or CCI eligibility, or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is required (new grads have one year to obtain registration); ARDMS PE or ADRMS AE may be considered if working with the specified patient care population and as approved by department leadership.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.