Information Technology Operations Supervisor Job
The Information Technology Operation Supervisor is highly motivated, results-oriented professional who will be responsible in assisting the Information Technology Manager in planning, organizing and managing Information System activities for the division in accordance with PACCAR standards and policies. He or She will be responsible for managing the work load and priorities of the team, helping guide strategy and providing direction.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Manages IT resources, both architectural and personnel, to best achieve the company’s information technology needs and objectives.
- Coordinates system design, development and implementation activities with ITD and end users.
- Actively participates in the Technical Center’s new system implementations and provide on-going support and maintenance following implementation.
- Promotes a productive work environment by directing prompt resolution of employee and operational issues. Monitors staff and their resolution of user problems and/or systems issues to ensure optimum user and system performance.
- Ensures appropriate level of IT support is provided to the division.
- Oversees maintenance of proprietary PTC programs.
- Identifies and initiate process improvements.
- Aligns strategic direction and goals for the IT department in support of Technical Center vision and goals.
- Identifies and supports existing and emerging technologies including on premise and Cloud solutions
- Maintains the current information systems disaster recovery plan.
- Maintains a qualified IT staff through hiring, coaching and mentoring.
- Transforms business requirements into system specifications.
- Provides professional presentations of metrics and reporting.
- Continually improves team effectiveness by establishing key performance indicators.
- Serves as a back-up on technical support issues, delivering reliable high-performance applications and technical services.
- Available off hours for high priority issue resolution as needed.
- 4+ years work experience in information technology strongly desired.
- The ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Experience managing an Agile Operations group desired.
- Strong skills in hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, take initiative, manage time and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Linux, AWS, SQL and Microsoft Windows Server and Client operating systems desired.
- May require working knowledge of telecommunications, PC, or other information systems equipment.
- May require experience in Database Languages and tools.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for Information Technology Operations Supervisor is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.