Program Manager - Vehicle Programs Job
Program Manager will be responsible for leading the technical project management of vehicle programs to ensure compliance with all Division and Corporate standards and on-time implementation of each project. This role will be located at the PACCAR Technical Center - Mt. Vernon, WA.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing.
This role will be located at the PACCAR Technical Center - Mt. Vernon, WA
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead Vehicle Programs for the PACCAR Technical Center.
- Maintain open and clear communication among all stakeholders including PACCAR divisions, key suppliers, and development partners.
- Responsible for resolving, communicating, and prioritizing program issues in a timely manner.
- Create, track, and communicate program schedules, deliverables, and budgets.
- Prioritize, coordinate, and track the program vehicle fleet in relationship to testing activities.
- Coordinate activities between multiple PACCAR divisions.
- Develop new processes, standards and tools related to program management activities.
- Mentor and train others in the use of new processes, standards, and tools.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures related to project and program management.
- Develop reporting and metrics.
- 7 to 10 years in Leadership, Program Management and/or Operations Management.
- Able to communicate effectively across functional boundaries, as well as up and down the leadership chain.
- Should have a strong background in project management.
- Able to establish a strong network across various organizations and disciplines.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Candidate must be organized and self-motivated, identifying and proactively addressing opportunities for program improvement.
- Ability to effectively evaluate proposals using sound judgment and present recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new environments and achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Software tools including SQL and Tableau a plus.
- Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Experience in testing, automotive industry, and various vehicle technologies a plus.
- Experience using MS Office Suite, Visio, MS Project, Project Online, Office 365 and other project management software desired.
- Must be willing to travel.
BS degree in related field required. Program Management Professional certification preferred.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Program Manager - Vehicle Programs is $93,000-145,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.