Summer Internship 2024- Vehicle Analysis Job
The PACCAR Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to learn about PACCAR through a work assignment in our structural analysis department. Each intern will be integrated into division and department meetings, activities and events to ensure an understanding of PACCAR and our truck brands Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic organization, while enhancing your resume. At the end of your internship, you have the opportunity to present your accomplishments to your fellow interns and senior management. PACCAR interns have a great deal of visibility within our company. Don’t miss out on an exciting opportunity!
The Paccar Technical Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the development and validation of emerging technologies such as vehicle electrification and autonomous driving systems. The Paccar Technical Center is located in scenic Mt. Vernon, Washington north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, British Columbia.
The Engineering Intern will support the structural analysis group with responsibilities in performing simulations for multiple domains (Chassis, Hood, Cab, Suspensions, Powertrain and Transmission, Pneumatic and Electrical structures) for BEV, FCEV, ICE Trucks. Unique learning opportunities for the internship includes but not limited to:
- Support structural analysis group in building finite element models, running simulations using Abaqus/Optistruct and doing hand calculations, as necessary.
- Work on HPC platform to write Python and Bash scripts to optimize server usage while performing simulations.
- Support testing and validation activities related to simulation work performed.
- Provide support for analysis planning and documentation process.
- Research material database, simulation methods and technical standards.
- Hands-on with various software tools such as Altair Hypermesh/Hyperview, MATLAB, Ncode Glyphworks, Designlife and Creo.
- Prepare and present analysis review material for internal peer reviews.
- Interface with mechanical design engineers and manufacturing engineers to complete analysis tasks.
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design tools like Creo
- Proficient in the use of simulation tools such as Hypermesh, Hyperview, Ncode
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiar with scripting and programming languages like Python, Bash, Perl
- Has a strong interest in pursuing analytical and hands-on solutions to design problems.
Pursuing a BS or advanced degree in a technical (STEM) field
Undergraduate Students: $25.00/hour
Graduate Students: $30.00/hour
As a U.S. PACCAR intern, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Sick Leave
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth, training, and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their field