Data Systems Technician Job
Job Title: Data Systems Instrumentation Technician (Grade 22)
The PACCAR Technical Center’s Data Systems team is seeking a technician to install instruments and collect high quality data while conducting truck tests. Testing will be performed in accordance with project objectives and established procedures to ensure accurate data for engineering analysis. The Data Systems technician will manage the data acquisition equipment and be responsible for thorough and accurate test related documentation. This role will work under the direction of engineers and senior technicians.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Specify, procure, and install instruments and data acquisition equipment.
- Configure and operate data acquisition test control software.
- Operate heavy duty trucks on test track.
- Ensure accuracy of test data for engineering analysis.
- Perform calibration of accelerometers, pressure sensors and other devices.
- Maintain calibration database and other documentation.
- Develop and maintain written process documentation.
- Foster good communication and cooperative working relationships with other departments.
- Inform managers, peers and internal customers of work progress and issues.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft office products.
- Strong mathematical skills, basic knowledge of electronics.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic electronic circuits.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing duties and activities.
- Ability to operate Heavy Duty Vehicles preferred.
AA Degree in related Technology preferred, or equivalent work experience.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more