General Accountant Job
The Senior Accountant's role involves close interaction with various departments within the PACCAR Technical Center and personnel throughout the organization. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing Accounts Payable, tracking capital projects, assisting in month-end and forecast preparation.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
The General Accountant/Senior General Accountant will be responsible for capital assets, employee expense reports and account reconciliations. Assist with month-end close tasks, including journal entry preparation, department overhead reviews and SOX/ICAP testing and other administrative tasks.
Location : Mt. Vernon, WA (PTC)
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee the processing of vendor invoices and expense reports for PTC Accounts Payable, including researching inquiries, providing guidance on coding and ensuring compliance with company procedures
- Review invoice batches
- Review and reconcile monthly inter-company transactions
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries
- Perform and reivew reconciliations of various key GL accounts
- Manage cross-charges to other PACCAR entities
- Participate in XOX/ICAP testing and initiate process improvements
- Assist with system and process improvement projects
- Prepare quarterly RFIs and assist with annual R&D tax credit requests
- Coordinate various year-end projects such as 1099s and sensitive payment audits
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist with monthly forecast preparation
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- 3+ years relevant accounting experience
- Strong customer service, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills required to manage various projects
- Strong computer skills including intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel
- Supervisory experience desired
- SAP experience desired
BS/BA Accounting Degree ; CPA preferred
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs.Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the General Accountant is $63,000 - $94,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.