Diagnostic Tool Technical Specialist Job
The Diagnostic Tool Technical Specialist will be focused on the evaluation, test, and validation of the PACCAR DAVIE4 Service and Manufacturing tools. This position requires in-vehicle testing, strong technical and organizational skills, along with supporting other PACCAR Divisions with troubleshooting issues and testing support. This position will also help update our test benches to include new hardware and maintain our test vehicles.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
- Test and evaluate DAVIE service and manufacturing tools for functionality and user experience
- Analyze and report test results to broader software development team
- Record and post process engine and vehicle CAN data
- Use Quality Center, Outlook, Excel, Windows, and Power point for communication
- Flash engine controllers and extract data to read fault codes
- Work independently and with the team
- Maintain test vehicles and update
- Basic understanding of software testing and test methodologies
- Sound knowledge of heavy-duty diesel engine and aftertreatment systems
- Familiarity with Controller Area Network (CAN) operation, especially J1939
- Ability to understand simple to moderately complex electrical systems
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with Vector CAN tools or industry equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years of experience in related field required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, etc.
- Software testing or product testing experience
- Heavy duty vehicle experience
2 year degree from a technical college and/or ASE certification or equivalent required
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
• 401k with up to a 5% company match
• Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
• Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education
• Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
• Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
• Paid short-and long-term disability programs
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Diagnostic Tool Technical Specialist is $55,400 - $83,100 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.