OBD Compliance Test Engineer Job
PACCAR seeks an engineer to work in its On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Compliance Test Team. The Engineer will work with the OBD development, calibration, and vehicle operations teams, and will support interactions with government agencies to ensure regulatory compliance of our engines. The ideal candidate will combine their technical knowledge and interest in policy to help PACCAR navigate the challenging regulatory environment. The position is located at the PACCAR Technical Center in the scenic Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts projects of moderate scope with minimal supervision.
- Participates in OBD Production Vehicle Evaluation (PVE) and other tests with a focus on OBD scan tool communications, including set-up, verifying test equipment and instrumentation meet specified requirements, performing tests, validating data, and writing test reports.
- Performs in-vehicle and remote data collection and analysis.
- Collaborates with engineers in North America and Europe.
- Develops and improves test methodologies.
- May present results of test or investigative projects to divisions or management personnel.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and productive work relations with other departments.
- Communicates with manager, peers, and division personnel of work progress, issues, or opportunities relating to assigned projects.
- Travel up to 15% required.
Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
Ability to manage personal workload under potentially shifting time and project demands
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Familiarity with engine On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) systems
- Experience working with Controller Area Network (CAN) technologies and associated communication protocols (UDS, J1979, J1939, KWP2000, etc.)
- Experience with automotive testing or troubleshooting with a generic scan tool or manufacturer proprietary tool
- Bachelor’s in electrical, mechanical, computer or other engineering discipline or computer science
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture, and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology, and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
For nearly 125 years, PACCAR has been on the leading edge of commercial transportation technology. PACCAR Powertrain is the newest business unit formed to take the industry in a direction meeting the needs of the 21st century. From axles and transmissions, to low-emission diesel, to alternative fuels, to hydrogen technologies and battery electric power, PACCAR Powertrain is leading the industry through this century and into a cleaner, greener, and more power-efficient future.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – Minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services include wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the OBD Compliance Test Engineer is $72,200 - $108,000 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.