Vehicle Systems Validation Manager Job
Vehicle Systems Validation Manager – Grade 31
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Technical Center (PTC) Vehicle Systems Validation team works to ensure proper structural validation for PACCAR truck development programs. This team uses PTC’s state-of-the-art testing facility to make sure Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks are production ready. The group’s manager will guide the team along the path of providing this service and will be required to develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and management at PACCAR divisions.
- Receive, prioritize, and assign project requests in support of truck division development programs.
- Communicate project scheduling, issues, and progress with division engineering.
- Coordinate between appropriate PTC groups to gather required test data.
- Drive to improve lab effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support, create and maintain departmental procedures.
- Maintain department budget.
- Develop, maintain, and report department metrics.
- Assess operational needs (processes, staffing, equipment) and provide inputs to management.
Technical Skills (required)
- Sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate across technical and functional boundaries.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
- Knowledge of PACCAR systems and project management
- Prior supervisory or team lead experience
- 8-10 years of experience
- Experience using MS Office Suite
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Instrumentation Support Technician is $93,00 - $145,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.