Metrology Technician Job
As a Metrology Technician your primary function will be performing calibrations on transducers, equipment and tools, as well as, maintaining calibration databases and other documentation. Duties will include operating and maintaining calibration workstations in accordance with established procedures. Metrology technician will be responsible for shipping and tracking of items sent out to external calibration facilities.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Perform and document calibration of: Torque Wrenches, Digital Multimeters, Current Transducers, Temperature Transducers, Calipers & Micrometers, Load Cells, Accelerometers, Various Data Acquisition Hardware (CSM, DEWESoft, IMC), Dimensional Transducer, Pressure Sensors, and Digital scales
Maintain calibration database and other documentation as needed
Maintain and create automated calibration processes
Create calibration certificate templates
Specify, procure, and install precision metrology and data acquisition equipment
Configure and operate data acquisition test control software
Coordinate calibrations performed by outside vendors and perform QA/QC for these calibrations
Generate calibration metrics and reports
Develop and maintain written process documentation
Foster good communication and cooperative work relationships with other departments
Inform managers, peers and internal customers of work progress and issues
- Certified Calibration Technician, PMEL or TMDE experience is a plus
- Strong mathematical skills, basic knowledge of general mechanical and electrical practices
- Knowledge of various instrumentation calibrated by the lab
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings of equipment, test fixtures and assemblies
- Ability to observe critically and obtain accurate data
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of scripting languages:
- Microsoft Shell (CMD)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule workflow
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively in small teams
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing duties and activities
AA Degree in related Technology or equivalent work experience.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Metrology Technician is $55,400 - $83,100 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.