Engine Calibration Engineer Job
The PACCAR Global Engine team is looking for a driven Engine Calibration Engineer to support product development with a specific focus on heavy-duty diesel functional engine performance of the PACCAR engine families. The selected individual will work closely with the global cross-functional calibration team and be responsible for delivering the best performing and compliant engine calibrations for North America and Europe.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepare test plans, execute development tests, and perform complex analysis of engine and aftertreatment systems
- Focus on engine and aftertreatment calibration activities to meet functional and performance related requirements
- Document and evaluate test results and provide clear explanation of findings
- Coordinate test set-up and test execution in both vehicle and test cell environment
- Develop new test procedures for engine and aftertreatment systems and their controls
- Ensure established procedures and processes are followed within the organization to achieve department and project objectives
- Contribute to improve test efficiency and test/data quality
- Stay current on software functionality and product requirements for the PACCAR engine family
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines and related sub-systems
- In depth knowledge of modern control strategies and electronics
- Knowledge on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics is preferred
- Familiar with measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow and data analysis
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine systems and development of solutions for complex technical challenges
- Ability to travel up to 10%
MS degree in Mechanical or Automotive engineering preferred.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – Minimum of 10 paid vacation days, 12 paid holidays, and sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors, including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for Engine Calibration Engineer role is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for a full range of benefit options listed above. This role is also eligible for a holiday gift.