Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) - Design and Integration Engineer Job
The Design and Integration Engineer specifies and develops test equipment and models used to verify embedded vehicle controllers. This role is responsible for working with test engineers and developers to coordinate and design test equipment and benches needed to simulate vehicle systems used for verification of embedded system hardware and software. Design and development efforts are carried out from concept to implementation, identifying technological risks or limitations, developing creative solutions to test needs, compilation of comprehensive design documentation, coordination of development and build tasks between various groups. This position communicates with multiple levels of management, external suppliers, customers, and project stakeholders.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts projects of small to large scope with minimal supervision.
- Develops creative solutions to engineering test problems with minimal and ambiguous sources of information.
- Ensures bench capabilities enable test engineers to execute test cases against requirements.
- Recommends best test methods based on the needs of the test engineers.
- Tracks expected implementation dates for projects and aligns them with project goals.
- Manages the application lifecycle database to modify fields and generate reports.
- Manages individual projects of moderate scope from project planning and quoting through execution and reporting.
- Fosters excellent communications.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and productive work relations with other working groups and departments.
- Local travel in the Puget Sound area up to 20%, domestic and international travel up to 5%.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable field
- 3+ Years of progressive experience in test development and execution for automotive or heavy truck software applications, strong background in test process and design.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and coordinate between various suppliers, vendors, and internal divisions to accomplish team goals
- Familiarity with SQL, dSpace Scalexio hardware set, dSpace Control Desk, Python, Matlab, Simulink.
- Experience with automotive or commercial vehicle networks, such as CAN, SAE J1939 and LIN preferred.
- Experience with electronic hardware design and integration with dissimilar systems.
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
- Experience with ISO26262, aSpice, Six Sigma and DFSS methods a strong plus.
- Strong presentation skills
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Design and Integration Engineer is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.