Engine Test Lab Project Lead Engineer Job
PACCAR Technical Center is seeking a project lead engineer (PLE) to support PACCAR’s powertrain team in the product development of next generation engines, aftertreatments, and electrified powertrain systems. This position will coordinate projects and testing activities in PTC’s Engine Test Laboratory (ETL).
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide expertise to organize and plan performance, durability, and emissions testing of heavy-duty on-highway powertrain systems to support program goals of European and North American PACCAR divisions
- Collaborate with domain area PLEs, project managers, and engineering supervisors to plan and prioritize testing activities, seeking optimal utilization of PACCAR’s testing resources
- Align project requests with appropriate test articles, facilities, and instrumentation
- Monitor test progress and actively adapt test cell schedules to achieve increased productivity
- Identify and implement processes to improve the quality and efficiency of powertrain testing
- Assess operational needs, including processes, staffing, and equipment, and provide input to higher management
- Work with PACCAR colleagues to align EU and US powertrain testing facilities and procedures
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive work relations with other departments and divisions
- 5+ years work experience performing powertrain development or testing
- Prior experience testing powertrain systems in an engine and emissions test laboratory
- Knowledge of diesel engine and exhaust aftertreatment system operation and control systems
- Desire to work with ETL staff, fostering teamwork and employee development
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Self-directed with excellent analysis skills, technical judgment, and attention to detail
BS degree in a technical (STEM) field, MS preferred
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Engine Test Lab Project Lead Engineer is $93,000 - $145,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.