Summer Internship 2024 - Diesel Technician Job
Intern Diesel Technician to support technician and engineering staff with all preparation phases of heavy-duty vehicle testing at the PACCAR Technical Center Vehicle Operations Lab. The PACCAR Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to learn about PACCAR through a work assignment as a Diesel Technician.
Each intern will be integrated into division and department meetings, activities and events to ensure an understanding of PACCAR and our truck brands Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic organization, while learning valuable engineering skills to add your resume. PACCAR provides a professional, real-life intern experience while also providing opportunities to meet other interns and participate in events at our truck companies, testing facility and more. Start your career as an intern with PACCAR today!
The Paccar Technical Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the development and validation of emerging technologies such as vehicle electrification and autonomous driving systems. Work with professional engineers on hands-on projects and learn state of the art technologies! The Paccar Technical Center is located in scenic Mt. Vernon, Washington north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, British Columbia.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Prepare heavy duty diesel engines and vehicles for testing, including replacing components and installing delicate measurement instrumentation
• Work closely with technician and engineering staff to assure engines and vehicles are performing as requested during testing
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair test engines and vehicles as directed by senior technician staff
• Maintain the highest level of documentation, work area cleanliness and organization
• Perform duties safely, efficiently and in a quality manner
• Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
Qualifications & Skills
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from Diesel Power Technology course with 3.0 GPA or better
• Base knowledge of engine and heavy-duty vehicle systems
• Applicants with a high attention to detail, thoroughness, and who are highly organized are sought after
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• Welding and fabrication skills a plus
• Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
• Current driver’s license
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office software knowledge desired
• Good written and verbal communication skills
As a U.S. PACCAR intern, you have a full range of benefit options, including:
- Competitive salary and 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings accounts (HSA)
- EAP services: including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth, training, and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their field
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.