Vehicle Software and Diagnostic Test Engineer Job
The Vehicle Software and Diagnostic Test Engineer tests and validates PACCAR’s DAVIE4 Service Tool. DAVIE4 is used to deploy and update vehicle controllers software and used as a diagnostics tool for Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks. This position requires in-vehicle testing, and strong technical and organizational skills, along with supporting other PACCAR Divisions with troubleshooting issues and testing support. This position will also help update our test benches to include new hardware and update scripts for automation test benches.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
• Perform vehicle and engine diagnostic software testing using test benches and in-vehicle
• Plans, coordinates, and conducts projects of small to moderate scope with minimal supervision
• Ensures functionality is covered by executable test cases
• Recommends best test method (bench or vehicle) based on engineering judgement and capabilities
• Tests defects for closure and provide stakeholders with input on customer impact
• Fosters excellent communication, establishes, and maintains cooperative and productive work relations with other working groups
• Basic understanding of software testing and test methodologies
• Familiarity with Controller Area Network (CAN) operation, especially J1939
• Ability to understand simple to moderately complex electrical systems
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
• Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
• Strong presentation skills
• Programming knowledge/skills
• Experience with Vector CAN tools or industry equivalent
• Strong knowledge of software delivery methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills
• Strong understanding of business process, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Develop and produce business and IT requirement documents including necessary flow diagrams
Required: BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable field
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
• 401k with up to a 5% company match
• Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
• Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education
• Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
• Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
• Paid short-and long-term disability programs
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Vehicle Software and Diagnostic Test Engineer is $63,000 - $94,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.