Powertrain Applications Engineer Job
The Powertrain Applications Engineer focused on PACCAR Powertrains will work at the PACCAR Technical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will thrive in a high performance team supporting world-class products.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Provide technical assistance on PACCAR Powertrain products to meet customer expectations, especially in unique applications of the product using Power Take-Off and remote operation devices
• Identify, analyze, define, and communicate service issues for solution development, focused on gaps in PTO functionality
• Act as a technical liaison between the PACCAR field organization and Product Development, Quality, and Manufacturing organizations
• Track and communicate solution development and implementation
• Support solution validation planning and execution
• Provide direction and technical guidance to field service personnel
• Provide technical documentation on software content, chassis configuration and body builder guidelines
• Provide on-site customer support as required
• Effectively communicate with dealership personnel, field service, and other experts
• Consult with subject matter experts to establish detailed information needed for problem resolution
• 3+ years relevant work experience in heavy duty vehicles, diesel engine design, testing or field service
• Knowledge of medium and heavy duty vocational truck applications and customer expectations of PTO devices and systems
• Competency in J1939 vehicle networks
• Competency in electrical circuit design and troubleshooting
• Statistical methods and applications to engineering problems
• Understand diesel engine and aftertreatment design and operation
• Self-directed, excellent analysis and communication skills required
• Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
• Competency in MS Office, Minitab, Matlab, CANalyzer or other productivity software
• Organized and disciplined with ability to manage workload and project demands
• Understanding of problem solving process and six-sigma tools
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate field required, MS preferred.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
401k with up to a 5% company match
Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
Paid short-and long-term disability programs
Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the Powertrain Applications Engineer is $80,800 - $126,600 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above.