In-Use Emissions Compliance Technician Job
Full-time Technician to support Emissions Compliance engineering staff with heavy duty vehicle testing at the Paccar Technical Center.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Inspect prospective test vehicles for suitability for testing using PACCAR’S service tool DAVIE, review of service records, visual inspection, and preliminary tests.
- Prepare heavy duty vehicles for testing, light engine repairs such as identifying and replacing a failed sensor and installing measurement equipment and instrumentation.
- Install Portable Emissions Measurement System (PEMS) on heavy duty vehicles at PTC and at customer sites.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, calibrate, and operate the PEMS system and subcomponents.
- Use problem solving skills to find suitable locations to install this equipment, route wires and tubing, and fabricate necessary fixtures.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner and treat customer owned vehicles, equipment, and property with upmost care and respect.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair test vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of documentation, work area cleanliness and organization.
- Perform duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility, initiative, and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with engine and vehicle systems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity based on sound technical theory, to solve a wide range of challenges for which routine solutions are not available.
- High attention to detail, organization, and thoroughness.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage personal workload and alternate schedules.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Proficient troubleshooting skills in engine, aftertreatment, and vehicle systems. (Preferred)
- Dealership or customer service experience. (Preferred)
- Associate of Science degree in Diesel Power, Instrumentation, or Electronics Technology or equivalent
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
As a U.S. PACCAR employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Paid short-and long-term disability programs
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability and E-Verify Employer. At PACCAR, we value talent and promote growth and development. We carefully consider numerous compensation factors including your education, training, or experience. The salary range for the In-Use Emissions Compliance Technician is $63,000 - $94,500 annually. Additionally, this role is eligible for the full range of benefit options listed above. This position is also eligible for a holiday gift.