Summer 2024 Internship - Battery Pack Development Job
The PACCAR Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to learn about PACCAR through a work assignment in the Advanced Technologies department. Each intern will be integrated into division and department meetings, activities and events to ensure an understanding of PACCAR and our truck brands Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic organization, while enhancing your resume. At the end of your internship, you have the opportunity to present your accomplishments to your fellow interns and senior management. PACCAR interns have a great deal of visibility within our company. Don’t miss out on an exciting opportunity!
The Paccar Technical Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the development and validation of emerging technologies such as vehicle electrification and autonomous driving systems. The Paccar Technical Center is located in scenic Mt. Vernon, Washington north of Seattle and south of Vancouver, British Columbia.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
PACCAR Technical Center is seeking a battery pack development intern to support the technical leads on the design of battery packs for commercial heavy dusty vehicle applications. Internships includes unique learning opportunities but not limited to:
- Work on the design and prototype build of the battery packs supported by the mechanical, electrical and thermal technical leads.
- Support testing and validation activities
- Proficient in the use of computer aided design tools
- Proficient in the use of analytical tools such as MatLab
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Have an inclination for analytical and hands-on solutions to design problems
Pursuing a BS or advanced degree in a technical (STEM) field
Undergraduate Students: $25.00/hour
Graduate Students: $30.00/hour
As a U.S. PACCAR intern, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- 401k with up to a 5% company match
- Sick Leave
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth, training, and development opportunities
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their field